At Saugeen Shores Family Eye Care, we believe strongly in giving back to the community and caring for the eyes of all those in need. Outreach programs represent an opportunity to show the community the level of commitment our optometrists have to their community. The team also plays an important role in community outreach.
- Saugeen Shores Family Eye Care is a participating optometry office for the Eye See... Eye Learn program. Dr. Robinson is also the lead optometrist for the Bruce-Grey area. Please visit the website or call our office at 519.832.5511 for more information about the Eye See... Eye Learn program.
- Saugeen Shores Family Eye Care hosts UV Groovy Day! every July. This event is designed to promote UV protection in children.
- Dr. Robinson also visits the Cape Crocker Day Care to complete eye exams on the children who attend the day care.
- Each hockey season Saugeen Shores Family Eye Care sponsors one male and one female hockey player.
- You may also see Dr. Robinson or Steph Carr out and about in the community educating about eye health and how your eye health impacts the rest of your health. Some of the presentations we've done include:
- Church Groups
- Kincardine Family Health Team
- Kindermusik with Deb
- MedLINCS (Medical Learning in Community Settings)
- Rotary Club of Port Elgin
- Saugeen District Secondary School
- Saugeen First Nation Health Centre
- Saugeen Shores primary schools
- The Ontario Early Years Centre baby group and other kids programs in Saugeen Shores
If you or your group are interested in hosting a conversation about eye health, please contact our Office Manager, Steph Carr, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charities We Support
- Bluewater Education Foundation
- Canadian Big Band
- Community Safety Net - Drug Safety Books for Schools
- Grey Bruce Highlanders
- Grey Bruce Ladies Broomball League - The Rebels
- Heart & Stroke Foundation - Big Bike: "Cardiac Cruisers"
- Jeff Preston Celebrity Golf Tournament
- Optometry Giving Sight
- Liv-a-Little Foundation
- Port Elgin Superspiel
- Pretty in Pink
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Saugeen Maitland Lightning Hockey
- Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation - The Hospital Campaign
- Shriner's Golf Tournament
- The Chantry Island Cham-bettes
- Women's House