Saugeen Shores Family Eye Care ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment, including shopping. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire at the time of booking, when we call to confirm your appointment and upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration at the time of booking.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a caregiver or need assistance, then we ask that it just be you and one other person. If you bring a driver, they must wait in the car for you if you don’t need their assistance inside as well.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Waves are always welcome. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We are able to come out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup).
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk and at each desk in the frame gallery.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks, as well as gloves and face-shields where needed.
- Spread-out patient chairs in waiting area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material, books, brochures and coffee machine has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Teleoptometry phone calls will be used as often as possible.