At the directive of the College of Optometrists of Ontario, as of March 17th, we will be providing urgent care only and all routine eye care appointments will be cancelled until further notice. If you had a routine appointment scheduled, we have attempted to reach you to let you know about this update. If you’re having an ocular emergency, please call our temporary on-call number – 519 832 8525. This line will only be answered between 9-5 and is only for the purposes of triaging ocular emergencies. If needed, we will arrange for you to be seen by an optometrist from either Saugeen Shores Family Eye Care or Huron Shores Optometry. The following are considered ocular emergencies and require an urgent visit within 24-48 hours.
- chemicals splashed into the eye within the last hour
- sudden loss or decrease in vision, or the appearance of a cloudy veil in front of the eye
- foreign body in the eye, ocular injury or forceful trauma to the eye or surrounding area
- sudden onset of:
- halos around lights, especially if associated with a red, painful eye or brow
- persistent, severe pain in or around the eye or with the movement of the eye
- flashing lights and/or floater
- double vision (seeing two objects instead of one, not blur)
- drooping eyelid
If you would like to do any of the following while we’re closed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- order contact lenses
- schedule a time to pick up a previous glasses or contact purchase
- arrange complimentary shipping
- arrange porch delivery if you live within Saugeen Shores
This email will only be checked once a day so please be patient with us. All products must be paid in full before pickup. Payment can be made by credit card over the phone – we will not be taking any payments at the time of pickup. Thank you for your understanding as we do our best to slow the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19.