WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- An Office Manager to join our rapidly growing business 35-40 hours/week
- Someone who wants to help lead a dynamic team, loves to learn new things, and wants to have a career helping and working with people
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate must be:
- experience managing a team of 10+ people
- passionate about working with people and making sure they have the best experience – both patient and team – possible
- organized, independent, detail oriented and reliable
- enthusiastic, confident, friendly and outgoing
- excited to work in a fast paced and team based environment
- enthusiastic to learn and have the motivation to continually improve oneself
- able to think on your feet and take initiative
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive pay
- Training and continuing education
- Room for growth
- A patient focused team environment
- Team events, outings and celebrations including conferences
- Paid time off
WHO ARE WE?
- We’re a vibrant and progressive, full-service optometry office located on the shores of Lake Huron
- We work hard, learn all the time, and find time for team fun and growing our office culture
- We strive to treat our patients as if they were family and to deliver an eye care experience that outshines the rest
- We are closed on all stat holidays, as well as on weekends
WHAT DO WE NEED OUR ASSISTANT MANAGER TO DO?
- Assisting the front desk team, as needed, including, but not limited to, greeting patients, scheduling and confirming appointments, answering and triaging phone calls, monitoring patient flow, processing payments, maintaining our recall system, conducting preliminary diagnostic testing prior to the eye exam, as well as communicating with doctors, other team members and patients
- Be the first line of defense for questions, concerns, complaints, troubleshooting from other team members or customers; be the point person for maintenance people
- Assist with planning and execution of events and community involvement, as needed
- Brainstorming and researching new events, products, equipment as directed by the Leadership team – anything to increase efficiency or business growth or enhance operational procedures
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency and making changes to the schedule or lunches to ensure that we have the appropriate coverage
- Suggest changes to office task workflow in order to improve efficiency
- Act as a representative for the Leadership Team and pass information to the team as needed
- Staff management duties – checking in with staff on regular basis, coaching and training as needed, being involved in the hiring process, working closely with the Leadership Team to manage the staff
If you think this is the career for you, please apply here and choose the Optometric Assistant application.
Please know that if you decide to go rogue and try to apply a different way, your resume will not be considered.
We thank all candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.